Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammaplasty, enhances the size and shape of the breasts for a more proportioned, attractive figure. The insertion of implants can increase the size of naturally small breasts, correct breast asymmetry, or improve breasts that have lost volume due to pregnancy, weight loss, or aging.
Thinking about having breast augmentation?
Your Breast Augmentation Options
- Round implants create more evident, voluminous breasts with a firmer feel.
- Higher profile implants - whether saline or silicone - have a smaller diameter and create more projection.
- This breast implant type is more obviously augmented with greater projection.
- Ideal for patients who want accentuated cleavage and less breast movement when not wearing a bra.
- Anatomically-shaped implants more closely resemble the look of natural breast tissue.
- The profile of the implant is chosen to suit the patient’s frame.
- This breast type has a pleasing shape and size but looks and feels as if it could be natural.
- Ideal for patients who want enhancement but without everyone knowing they have undergone breast augmentation.
- Youthful shape and natural feel
- Filled with saline, that is safely absorbed by the body if ruptured
- No sticky silicone gel from ruptured implants in surrounding tissues
- No silent rupture—you will always know that your implants are intact
- Lower rupture rate and higher rupture strength
- Requires a smaller incision than silicone gel implants
- No costly MRIs needed to detect silicone gel rupture
After Your Augmentation
After your breast augmentation surgery, it is important to follow your surgeon’s postoperative instructions to ensure the safest and most efficient recovery possible. In addition to the guidelines below, Dr. Marcus will give you specific aftercare directions to follow.
Breast Augmentation Patients
This 22 year old Santa Rosa Breast Augmentation patient was unhappy with her small breasts. She is 5' 2" - 104lbs and wore a 32A bra. She was looking for a quick, more pain-free surgery so we placed her saline implants over her muscle, just under the breast tissue itself. We used periareolar incisions to place 300cc textured style 468 saline implants filled to 315cc bilaterally. She is thrilled with her new shape and now wears a 34C bra.
This 34 year old mother of two presented to our office in Santa Rosa, Ca with an interest in returning volume to her breasts. She was hoping for a full C. At the time she was 5’3″ – 133 lbs. and wore a 34B bra. 400cc high profile textured silicone gel implants were placed under her pectoralis muscle. This patient was very pleased with her new size and shape. She is now a full C or small D depending on the bra.
This 26 year old woman of Southeast Asian decent presented to our Santa Rosa Plastic Surgery office and Surgery Center for breast enlargement. She is 5′ 0″ and 100 lbs. She wore a 32A bra. She felt that she “looked like a boy” and was very self- conscious of her small breasts. This patient was very concerned about a breast scar. We chose to do her breast enlargement surgery through the belly button, a transumbillical approach. 270cc smooth round saline implants were chosen and filled to 300cc. She is obviously very pleased with her new 32C breast size and has referred many of her friends.
This 44 year old woman from Kenwood, CA presented to our Sonoma County Cosmetic Surgery Center looking to enhance the fullness in her breasts. She had outpatient surgery in our private operating suite where we used periareolar incisions to place textured, anatomic shaped saline implants under her pectoralis muscle. We used 300cc style 468 implants filled to 315cc. She is very pleased with her new breasts and now wears a 36C bra.
Frequently Asked Questions
Local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia can be used for breast augmentation at our cosmetic surgery center.
The length of a breast augmentation procedure varies depending on the technique used and a variety of other factors, but it generally takes anywhere from one to one and a half hours to complete.
You will need one week of downtime for recovery, although most patients can resume driving after four days.
The total cost of breast augmentation will vary widely based on many factors, including the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, facility cost, and prescribed medications. The standard fee for the total cost of a breast augmentation with silicone implants is $7,100.
We Want To Hear From You!
We're eager to answer your questions, help schedule your consultation, and make the journey toward achieving your ideal breasts as easy as possible.