Weight loss and pregnancy often result in sagging skin that prevents you from having the toned abdominal contours you desire. Your confidence may suffer from carrying around unnecessary weight in the form of excess skin and fat. A tummy tuck is designed to eliminate unwanted skin and fat for a flatter and firmer abdominal contour.
Thinking about having a Tummy Tuck?
Your Tummy Tuck Options
Full Tummy Tuck
- An incision that runs across the lower abdomen and an incision around the navel provide access to the underlying muscles
- The abdominal muscles are pulled tight and sutured together
- Excess skin from above the navel down to the pubic area is trimmed away
- The remaining skin is draped to enhance your new abdominal contour
- Ideal for post-pregnancy patients or patients who have lost skin elasticity
- Liposuction is utilized when possible
Mini Tummy Tuck
- A single incision created along the lower abdomen is used to remove excess skin
- The incision can either be a few inches in length or run the entire span of the abdomen
- The abdominal muscles are tightened and stitched together
- Excess skin is removed from below the navel
- Ideal for people with lower abdominal skin sagging, typically seen in people who are in fairly good shape but cannot achieve the aesthetic results they desire through diet and exercise
You’ve just had a tummy tuck! Now what?
Allowing adequate recovery time is important to ensure the best tummy tuck results possible and to minimize any potential postoperative complications.
Tummy Tuck Patients
This 43 year old Santa Rosa mother had gained a fair amount of weight following the birth of her three children. In addition, her skin and her abdominal muscles were stretched to a point they could not rebound by themselves. This is most common. In order to achieve a result like this, liposuction must be performed extensively at the time of the tummy tuck. We were also as aggressive as possible in skin removal to achieve a great result.
This 43 year old Windsor mother of three presented to our Santa Rosa Plastic Surgery Center to correct her abdominal area. Due to the fact that there was excess fat, loose muscle and excess skin, an abdominoplasty was our best choice. Notice again the tight, flat look that we can achieve with a properly performed abdominoplasty. Even the belly button looks normal in most all of our tummy tuck patients.
This is a 44 year old mother of two children both delivered by C-section. She was in good shape, but did not like the loose skin and the stretched out muscles. A tummy tuck with liposuction and muscle repair was performed on an outpatient basis at our Cosmetic Surgery surgical suite is Santa Rosa. Patient is very happy with the result.
This 42 year Windsor woman presented for abdominoplasty post pregnancy. She also had abdominal scars from old surgeries in the past. With an aggressive skin removal, we were able to remove the old scars and create a much thinner, leaner look.
Frequently Asked Questions
General anesthesia is usually used for tummy tuck surgery.
A tummy tuck generally takes between two to four hours to complete. The length of a tummy tuck procedure varies depending on the amount of correction needed, the technique used, and a variety of other factors.
You will need approximately one to two weeks of downtime for recovery after tummy tuck surgery.
The total cost of tummy tuck surgery will vary widely based on many factors, including the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, facility cost, and prescribed medications. The total fee for a mini tuck generally runs between $3,100 to $5,800, and a full tummy tuck with liposuction generally runs between $10,200 to $12,500.