The Mommy Makeover is designed to reverse the physical effects that pregnancy has on the body. Women can experience a change in the feel and shape of their breasts following pregnancy. The abdomen can become loose, having lost its attractive firmness and tone. New and experienced moms alike can achieve their ideal body with a Mommy Makeover. Dr. David E. Marcus combines his technical skills with an artistic approach to produce results completely customized according to the needs, goals, and body type of the patient.
What Can a Mommy Makeover Correct?
Your Mommy Makeover Options
- Saline or silicone implants are used to increase the size of the breasts. Dr. Marcus will help you make an implant decision based on your aesthetic desires.
- Incisions are created on or around the breasts to insert the implants.
- Breast implants not only increase the size of the breasts but can also enhance cleavage and improve breast asymmetry.
- A breast lift improves the shape and projection of the breasts.
- Depending on the severity of your breast sagging, an incision is created around the areola that may also extend down the breast and along the breast crease.
- Excess tissue is removed to improve the size of your breasts.
- Your breast tissue is positioned on the chest and held in place using a special suturing technique.
- A mini or traditional tummy tuck may be used depending on your abdominal condition.
- An incision is created low in the bikini line. If necessary, a second incision may be made around the navel.
- Excess skin is removed, and the abdominal muscles are stitched together.
- A tummy tuck helps many women regain strength in their core.
- Liposuction can be performed on a number of areas, including the abdomen, hips, thighs, back, breasts, and arms.
- Incisions are discreetly placed in the treatment area.
- A cannula is used to gently remove fat via suction.
- Fat removal can improve definition and enhance your body’s natural contours.
After Your Mommy Makeover
After your Mommy Makeover, it is important to follow your surgeon’s postoperative instructions to ensure the safest and most efficient recovery possible. The total length of your recovery will vary depending on the type and number of procedures you undergo. In addition to the guidelines below, Dr. Marcus will give you specific aftercare instructions to follow.
Mommy Makeover Patients
This 38 year old woman from Marin County sought consultation for a post pregnancy mommy makeover. An abdominoplasty was performed. Later, the breasts were enhanced with a simultaneous augmentation and lift.
This is a 39 year old mother of two from Healdsburg who presented to our Plastic Surgery practice for a Mommy makeover. In one outpatient surgical procedure, a breast reduction and abdominal liposuction was performed. As you can see from the markings, we also liposuctioned her flanks from the front to narrow her waist.
Mommy Makeover Video
Frequently Asked Questions
Local anesthesia with sedation can be used for minor corrections. However, general anesthesia is used for most Mommy Makeover procedures.
The length of your procedure will vary depending on the extent of each procedure and the number of procedures performed.
The total cost of your Mommy Makeover will vary widely based on many factors, including the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, facility cost, prescribed medications, and number of procedures. The total cost of a Mommy Makeover can range from $12,000 to $16,500.
If you are considering a breast augmentation to restore volume but have pronounced sagging, you should combine the two procedures. Correcting breast sagging with a breast lift will help prolong the life and quality of your breast augmentation.
We Want To Hear From You!
We're eager to answer your questions, help schedule your consultation, and make the journey toward achieving your ideal breasts as easy as possible.