Exfoliation is by far the most effective way to wake up and improve a sluggish complexion. Skin cells are very short lived, and as you get older, it takes you much longer to regenerate new skin cells than it did when you were a teenager. If you don’t slough them off, they quickly start to accumulate, which makes your complexion dull and your pores look larger.
A chemical peel provides advanced exfoliation which removes the dry and discolored top layer of skin and reveals fresh, younger skin.
Chemical peels administered by the Aesthetic Medical Technicians at the Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center of Santa Rosa improve skin clarity, texture, and tone with minimal downtime.
Prior to your treatment, estheticians Nikki Albin and/or Shawnie Easton will assess your skin and make a recommendation for the type of facial peel that will best suit your needs and tolerance for downtime. During the treatment, your esthetician will cleanse and apply solutions to your face, décolletage (neck and chest), and hands to remove dead skin cells. The solutions penetrate into the skin, causing dead skin cells to peel off. The new skin is smoother and more refined looking.
Blue Peel RADIANCE® from Obagi Medical
Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE is a light chemical peel with a gentle yet effective formulation including 20% salicylic acids and a blend of lactic and glycolic acids that can be used on a wide range of skin types. This peel delivers improvements in the appearance of skin tone and texture, resulting in tighter, smoother, brighter looking skin after just 1 peel. For best results, a series of 4-6 treatments performed every 2-4 weeks is recommended.
Highlights of the Procedure:
- Purpose: Remove dead skin cells on the uppermost skin layers to reveal smoother, more even toned skin and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles , rough and uneven skin, mild to moderate hyperpigmentation, mild to moderate photodamage, and acne.
- Length of Procedure: 15 minutes
- Anesthesia: none – you will feel a slight tingling and heat sensation for a few minutes which will subside after the peel has auto-neutralized.
- Pre-treatment: Avoid laser hair removal, waxing, depilatory creams, and electrolysis 5-7 days prior to the peel. Avoid topical retinoids and exfoliants 3 days prior to peel as these may increase skin drying, sensitivity, and skin reaction.
- Recovery: little to no downtime. Some patients may experience mild peeling and/or redness in the days following the peel, but in most cases this can be concealed with makeup or BB cream. Post-treatment, wear a physical (non-chemical) sunscreen at all times for at least 1 week and do not exfoliate or pick at peeling skin. Avoid alpha and beta hydroxy products, retinoids, retinols for one week. Patients may return to normal skin care routines 1 week post-peel.
- Price Range: $125/peel or $300 for 3 peels.
Perfect 10 Intermediate Peel from Topix Pharmaceuticals
The Perfect 10 Intermediate peel is formulated for Fitzpatrick skin types I-II-III and is recommended for sensitive, normal and tolerant skin patients. This peel provides visibly apparent peeling, exfoliates the skin, and delivers real, predictable, therapeutic results. After this peel, you will notice that your skin has a youthful, radiant and luminous tone. Your will notice an improvement in skin texture, with your skin feeling smoother and softer, and your pores will appear smaller since they will be unclogged. You will likely notice a reduction in the appearance of dark spots and of wrinkles and fine lines. This peel is formulated with a proprietary solution of alpha and beta hydroxy and amino acids that have been scientifically proven to achieve optimal skin health while minimizing irritation and downtime.
Highlights of the Procedure:
- Purpose: Improve the appearance of dull and uneven skin tone and texture, fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots and sun damage, discoloration, large pores, and skin roughness on patients with Fitzpatrick skin types I-II-III.
- Length of Procedure: 15 minutes.
- Anesthesia: none – you will feel a slight tingling and heat sensation for a few minutes which will subside after the final step of the peel.
- Pre-treatment: Retinol and Retin A should be discontinued 5-7 days prior to treatment.
- Recovery: Peeling will be visible 2-3 days after the procedure, and should take about 7-10 days to completely peel and heal. The peel can be repeated every 5 weeks. After the treatment, avoid direct sun exposure, wear a physical sunscreen daily, and avoid pulling on peeling skin, rubbing peeled areas, and scrubbing skin.
- Price Range: $150/peel.
Before & After
Request A Consultation
1128 Sonoma Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Tel: (707) 575-1626
Dr. Marcus & Staff strive to make your Cosmetic Surgery experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible.